Benefits of Improved Relaxation
- Increase the supply of nutrients to vascular tissues enhancing their health and aiding in healing and repair.
- Aid in the removal of metabolic waste products from tissue assisting in recovery from activity.
- Help reduce pain , by removal of pressure build up due to congestion and metabolic irritants. Relaxation and mobilisation of soft tissue will:
- Increase range of movement, thereby reducing risk of injury and aiding in efficiency of movement.
- Aid in pain reduction (by lessening tension in muscles)
- Increase functioning of the muscular system (e.g. any adhesions may impair function )
- Greater positional awareness ,aiding in correcting areas of dysfunction , such as poor posture.